My Birthday was last Friday and had a wonderful day. For the first time since I started teaching I decided to not take the day off and go ahead and teach. (This tells you how much I enjoy my class and its only half day.) At school two months ago we graphed when everyones birthday was. They were really interested when my birthday was and I told them when it was and put it into our graph. Which was then put away thinking that they would forget. So I was surprised when we started talking about having a new month in a week when several of my students starting saying your birthday is on April 1st Mrs. Giles. I was agreed and thought they would drop it. The next Monday they came and started talking about the birthday party they were going to have for me. Then a Mom stopped in and wondered when she could bring cake. I told her that was really o.k. and she said so what time? I finally relented and told her 10 would work fine. My kids would not start talking about it all week. They were really cute about it. It made me feel good even though I usually don't like a huge fuss over me and decided to just enjoy it. So a couple moms came in with Balloons, cake, and a drink for everyone. They even brought a game to play with them but we ran out of time because it took me so long to open my gifts. Thanks to all who had a hand in it, it made me feel really appreciated!!!
After school I went home and was able to talk to my In-laws in South Africa which is always great! Then I went to lunch with some family. That night we went to my little sisters dance recital then to Pei Wei for dinner. Brent then surprised me with an ice cream cake and some wonderful gifts. Thanks to all that made my day so great!
Brent cut my name out of my cricut and hung it to this sign. SO CUTE! Thanks Brent!
All my gifts from my students they were so generous...can we say MUMS! :0
My Gifts from Brent he did a great job and even went and bought wrapping paper!
Blowing out my candles...oh how I love ice cream cake!
This is for my sister Heather...this is when I opened the Gordmon's gift card from Katy... I can't wait till I can use it is MISSISSIPPI!
YEA I get to order some new Danskos
Hmmm...what is it....it was a straightener
Celebrating at my Grandmas...our camera had been in the car and was a little foggy.
We also celebrated my cousin Emma's Birthday and my aunt Janae
Spencer was exhausted from going on tour... we couldn't keep him awake


3 comments:
So glad you had a wonderful day! :)
What a fun birthday! We can't wait till you can use your gifts here!
How fun! I am glad your students remembered you. How fun. I am glad it was a good day. Almost summer Yeah!
Post a Comment