We have been living in the NICU this week. It has been good and Jack has made progress. On Wednesday they decided that he wasn't eating enough so they put in a feeding tube. They also found out that he was a little jaundice. So he has been under lights for the last 2 days. All normal things that are very fixable. It was hard to leave him last night and go home and not be at least in the same building with him. I (Emily) didn't sleep well at all. I just had to keep reminding myself he is in good hands and he has no significant problems. Today (Friday) he ate like a champ! He took to his food, woke up hungry and one feeding we couldn't give him enough. We are hopeful that he will go a full 48 hours without having to use the feeding tube so he can come HOME!!! We are loving this little guy and his little personality is already showing. Here are some pictures to demonstrate that. Someday he will be able to wear clothes. If we can get him off those lights he could get dressed. :)
We caught him with his legs crossed...
Showing us how strong he is.

He pulled his mask clear off his eyes and yesterday he not only pulled his mask off he wiggled clear out of his diaper.

The nurse tried using a onsie... It didn't last long.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to meet him in person!
So cute! I'm sure you'll be so excited when he is HOME! Oh, and I love seeing the pregnancy countdown still on the blog. Aren't you glad there's still not "only 26 days to go"?
I am sorry that he is in the NICU. It is not fun. But he will soon be home before you know it:) Then he'll be playing in the toilet!ahahah!!! Well maybe he won't, it might be just my boys:)LOL! Good luck with everything and if you need anything you could always call:)
Thanks for the update. He is so adorable. I am glad he is doing well and hope he gets to go home to you soon. Congratulations and I can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment